You may think that shampoo is shampoo. However, several different types of shampoos each serve different purposes. Choosing the right one for your hair can help you get healthier and shinier locks in no time. A luxury Shampoo will leave you with a premium feeling on your scalp, but it’s optional for taking care of your hair.
Dry shampoo is a powder you apply to your scalp and roots, then massage it to absorb excess oil and grease. It’s excellent for hair that is oily or greasy, but it can also be used on any hair type.
Dry shampoos generally come in two forms: aerosol sprays or powders. Aerosol sprays are easier to use because they’re faster (the application process takes mere seconds), and you don’t have to worry about accidentally getting powder all over yourself—and everything else around you—when applying it. However, aerosol sprays often contain harsh chemicals such as alcohols, parabens, and sulphates that can irritate sensitive skin or cause allergic reactions in some people; hence why ladies prefer the powder version themselves!
Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner
- Make sure you use your shampoo and conditioner as directed.
- If you have curly hair, it’s best to use this type of shampoo and conditioner every time you wash it. If you have greasy or wavy hair, try using it every other time.
- For best results, massage the product into your scalp for two minutes before rinsing out thoroughly. You should also let your hair air-dry after washing instead of blow drying or styling with hot tools as often as possible (especially if you’re dealing with frizz).
The benefits of using this particular kind are that it will help keep breakage from happening too much while making styling easier for everyone involved!
Clarifying Shampoo and Detox Shampoos
- Clarifying shampoo is a product that washes away impurities and excess oil, clearing your scalp of dirt but also possibly stripping the colour from your hair. It’s best to clarify your hair when you have buildup from styling products or minerals from hard water. You can use a clarifying shampoo once every few weeks or as often as once a week if you’re using them for other reasons (see below).
- Detox shampoos are designed to eliminate toxins and heavy metals in your body, including those found in tap water and city environments. They usually contain ingredients like charcoal powder that trap chemicals like chlorine, which may be released into the air during showering, so they aren’t recommended for daily use unless you’re specifically trying to remove harmful substances from your body through detoxification methods. Such as drinking lots of water or exercising can help flush out toxins naturally through sweat glands without needing an external stimulus like detoxifying shampoo.
Sulphates are added to shampoo to make it foam, but they can also be harsh on your hair. They can cause dryness and irritation if you don’t have oily hair, so you should look for a shampoo with sulphate-free ingredients to be safe.
Sulphates are also known to strip colour from hair and cause dandruff. So look for a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your colour or irritate your scalp.
Investing in your hair health will pay off in the long run.
When you use a luxury shampoo and follow it up with a clarifying shampoo, there is no need for another conditioner because the first product already moisturises your hair.
The best shampoos for your specific needs will depend on what type of texture or colour you want to achieve. If your hair is dry or damaged, try using a colour-depositing shampoo that contains keratin or antioxidants like argan oil.